Prof. Ervin Weiss
Oral Rehabilitation Specialist
Professor Ervin Weiss is an expert in Oral Rehabilitation, past head of the Tel Aviv University School of Dental Medicine, and a second-generation dental specialist. For years he managed the Department of Prosthodontics at Hebrew University and Hadassah School of Dental Medicine in Jerusalem. He holds accrued experience of some 40 years in the field, including research on dentistry and oral rehabilitation.
Professor Weiss became fascinated by dentistry at an early age when he watched his father at work in his dental clinic in the 1930s. Professor Weiss’ father survived the Nazi labor camps because he was able to carry out extractions and basic dental treatments.
It is these very “dental roots” and the vast academic and practical knowledge he has accrued that led Professor Weiss to develop his minimally invasive interventionary approach. Early on as a dentist, and later in senior roles in academia, Professor Weiss consolidated a focused, minimally invasive treatment program which aimed to encourage clients’ teeth and jaw tissue to naturally heal themselves.
- Senior dentist in the Department of Restorative Dentistry, Tel Aviv University
- Manager of the IDF dental assistants course
- Manager of the dental hygienists course at Tel Aviv University
- Guest researcher at microbiology and immunology labs at NIDR, the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, under the auspices of the NIH, National Institute of Health, Maryland, USA.
Professor Weiss has trained hundreds of students of dentistry and dental research, published over 150 research articles, and presented more than 200 lectures, abstracts and research studies at international conferences in Israel and abroad. Fifteen patents are registered in his name in the field of dentistry and microbiology.
- Director of the Oral Rehabilitation Department, Faculty of Dentistry, Hebrew University and Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem
- Supervisor of the oral implantology center
- Initiated and established the Ronald Goldstein Aesthetics Center
- Established the dental materials lab in the Hadassah Oral Rehabilitation Department
- Managed the Tel Aviv University School of Dentistry.
- Associate Professor, Tel Aviv University, 1995-1996
- Professor, Oral Rehabilitation, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Professor, Oral Rehabilitation, Tel Aviv University
- Chairperson, Israel Association of Oral Rehabilitation
- President, Israel Association of Dental Research, 1996
- Manager, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, Hebrew University & Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem, 2000-2014
- Head of the School of Dentistry, Tel Aviv University, 2014-2019